Saturday, December 1, 2007



























I haven't posted in a long time- but that is about to change. The problem with writing about what I do is that the people who read this are mostly my family and friends- and I've been very busy making Christmas presents... Can't write about that without them knowing whazzup. So I will talk in generalities about how much FUN I'm having up in my little hideaway!




First was the discovery of SewMamaSew- This awesome website put together projects for every day of November. They had lots of tutorials and cute pictures of fun, easy things to make. What I loved about this is that it seemed to be targeted to young mommies who are making CUTE things for their little ones. Nothin' cuter in the world than a baby in booties made from recycled sweaters... or little aprons for three year olds... Now those of you who know me well, know that that was the kind of young mommy I was once upon a time. But I was alone in my craftiness- not many ofmy friends sewed- my mom did and we did have a lot of fun making things together- but there weren't contemporary seamstresses. There seems to be a trend now of people wanting to make things- Our technology is so awesome, we can download music in a flash- send pictures across the country of the sweetest kids in the world- but the tactile feeling of making something with your own two hands and then GIVING it away to someone you love?? Priceless.



















I want to post pictures of all the lovelies I've made so far... Chicken quilts and mittens...lunch bags that are absolutely ADORABLE but all that must wait until after Christmas. I'm taking pictures, though- technology makes that so easy!!






Instead I'm going to try and post some links. Now I know that Linda won't be tempted to surf over to a sewing site- but Jen might... and who knows who else is reading this? Check these sites out;








http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=263 SewMama Sew- You'll have to click on the heading and it will take you to the current blog page- check out their links especially if you want to learn how to make the projects. Great tutorials.



Great fancy pants, too- That's me at Christmas in 19ahem








http://sewgreen.blogspot.com/search/label/holiday- This is the site for SewGreen. A green approach to sewing- redesigned thrift store finds, how to make your own grocery bags... stuff like that.




http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_53734,00.htmlww.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_53734,00.html this is another day by day idea page- a little lame, but some nice ideas. I'm thinking about a feather tree for the dining room- in white, no lights...



BTW That's another great Christmas shot- I got a Betsy Wetsy that year-



That's all for now- Don't miss out on the fun- check these sites out- and if shopping is more fun for you than making things- that's great, too. Find a children's Christmas concert, make some cookies- or put antlers on your car- http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/



Leave me a comment-


















No comments: