Sunday, September 23, 2007

Who Knows Where the Time Goes



It's Sunday and we've had a week or so filled with activity. Last weekend we had a visit from some VERY OLD -well we've known them a long time, they aren't that old...- friends- Linda (Winans) and Al Card. They always challenge us, because they are living their dream- they live on their sailboat in a marina in Guatemala. They shared pictures with us of old friends, and of their new life in Guatemala-Those guys know how to party! Togas and music and travel- sounds like a dream come true. And it IS- for Linda and Al. They had lots of pictures of friends and family- Hi Kenny and Ann- Hi Jean and Gerry! And it made me very happy to see how well those old friends are doing. It also made me do a little thinking.










Linda and Al at Rio Dulce, Guatemala




Following your dream means many things to many people- for some it's early retirement and living on a boat- for others it's non-stop travel. I think Walt and I are living our dream. We have a sweet little house that seems to have a magical ability to expand and accommodate family and friends as needed. Said sweet little house needs some work done on it, but it's still a "soft place to fall". We have our children and grandchildren nearby, a blessing we are grateful for every day of our lives. Our house is quiet at times and full of music and laughter every Sunday night about 5- rain or shine. We both have Monday through Friday jobs that challenge us and make life interesting. We both have out of work pastimes that keep us happy- for me it's my art- Walt has his books, movies and music.




All the photos I have of the front of our house are about 5 years old...Here's part of the inside of our soft place to fall, our mantle decorated for winter, 2007






It all makes me realize that how we spend our time and dream our dreams is relative. I wouldn't trade this for a second at any other lifestyle. I don't want for anything, really. (Well- a little more money would be nice) We are in the middle of a pretty wonderful time in our lives!





Sean, Walt, Meg, Jaime, Zoe Mary, Noah and Luke in my weedy garden end of Sept , 07








So now I'd better use my time wisely and get to work on my Dandelion quilt- oh and wait til you see the Chicken quilt!! I'll write more about that later!

No comments: